Introducing the i2O Water blog! A quick description of what you can expect to find here, and the rules of the road for interacting with the blog.
We promise that this title will be the last water pun you’ll find in this blog. What will you see then?
The i2O Water blog will feature regular analysis, insights and explorations of issues that relate to water network management. If you’re a water company executive, a leakage manager, a technical consultant or a professional anywhere in the industry, you’ll find interesting and relevant stories here on a regular basis. Bookmark this blog, or – better yet – subscribe to it, and get each new post in your email inbox.
We use feedburner as a service that makes it free and easy to get each post either in your inbox or RSS reader (we can recommend Google Reader). Just click the link “Subscribe to this blog” to the right.
In order to make it easier for you to navigate through the stories we’ll be publishing, we’ve organised them in to sections that will be updated regularly. We know at least a few of these sections will appeal to anyone in the water industry:
- Water Management Insider: Our CEO Adam Kingdon’s own column, Water Management Insider will focus on the concerns and issues he encounters at the management level of water companies, such as: What trends are there in water network management? How is regulation impacting it? Where is water management succeeding? Where is it failing?
- Water Pressure Insight: Our CTO Andrew Burrows’ column, Water Pressure Insight will speak to the issues felt by the asset directors and operations directors of water companies. Topics include water network dynamics, leakage reduction strategies, pressure-related issues and performance. You’re invited to submit your technical challenges to Andrew, and he may address them here: Email us.
- Water Industry Agenda: Our industry’s alive with debate and discussion. We’ll try to track some of the major themes over time and distance by looking at the water industry’s events calendar. What’s shaking Water Loss Asia this year? Who had the best talk at SIWW? Find out here…
- Water Industry Opinions: What’s better than seeing water industry veterans share their challenges and successes in person? That’s what we thought too, so we’re simply pointing a camera at the folks we talk to and asking them to share their thoughts. You can also find our videos in our Vimeo and YouTube channels.
- Water Business Studies: We’re pretty avid consumers of water business stories around the web and in the industry’s trade media. In this section, we will simply share what we’d like to call the best of the water business best – at least, from what we’ve seen.
- DMA Diagnostics: If the water distribution network is our playing field, the District Metered Area is our penalty box; it’s where we get really serious. In this section, Richard Chalk – an independent consultant with lots of experience – will take a critical look at individual DMAs, explaining pressure graphs, teasing out the truths of its performance and sharing some tricks of water network analysis. Expect some real gems here!
And, as with any great blog, we’re eager to hear your thoughts and reactions. Comments are moderated only to siphon out crass commercial pitches and inappropriate language. We’ll ask all commenters to respect each other just as they would in public, and we’ll try to hold a very permissive line on what we let through and publish.