By optimising the speed of the pumps feeding water mains, Pump Control reduces excess leakage throughout the network, minimises bursts and reduces energy consumption.
Some key benefits of Advanced Pressure Management in water networks include:
- Energy savings – Pump at lower pressure and reduced flow rates (due to lower leakage), cutting energy consumption by 20 to 30%
- Less leakage – reductions of 20%+ are typical
- Fewer trunk main bursts – achieved through reduced pressure in the network, and smoother, more controlled changes in pump manifold pressure, which minimise surges and transients.
- Lower operating costs – with less manual intervention, reduced pump maintenance and fewer burst repairs
- Improved customer service – reliably delivering the pressure customers demand, every hour of every day
- Increased visibility – of the KPIs across your entire water network
Water companies that have implemented Pump Control recorded these benefits. These are their experiences.